Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Organizing Files and Getting Ready

May 29, 2010

I began sorting through important papers to organize a file of “must haves” that need to be packed in the travel trailer with us. There is a lot to think about when leaving FL during hurricane season. Good grief! I need to turn over the birth certificates, old social security cards, shot records and Selective Service Registration to the children! I have been hauling those around for a long time. Billy mentioned that we should probably purchase a fire proof file box for the travel trailer. Add it to the list! Our new generator arrived last week – Champion Ultra Gen 4000 watt. Billy cranked it up today and tried it out with the air conditioner, lights and microwave without blowing a fuse. Watch out Wal-Mart parking lot, here we come. After reading that mud flaps for the truck are nice to have to keep rocks from hitting the travel trailer, Billy ordered some to be picked up Wednesday. Go North to Alaska. We are getting ready! The little oven in the travel trailer heats with propane, and I have found that it is a challenge and cooks very hot. One solution I read was to cook using a pizza stone. The pizza stone that I purchased will not fit into our Easy Bake Oven with the handles/lift; however it fits in there alone, just barely. I put it in the oven, but it seems heavy. Will it slide around while traveling down the road and propel itself out through the oven door becoming a missile?

One of my hobbies is English Smocking and French Hand Sewing and I have on hand patterns and material that I have purchased to make special garments for the grand children. Today I cut out a massive Dedication Gown project that I have been saving to make when I have some spare time. Just got to figure out how to reduce my sewing supplies enough get them stashed into the camper. And, oh my….can I take my precious Elna sewing machine? Do I dare? Twiddly dee – I’ll worry about that tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting, and if you have suggestions or just want to say Hello, please leave us a comment

No comments:

Post a Comment