Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, June 13, 2010

The oil is creeping closer

The atmosphere around our house is picking it up a notch as we start making preparations for Caroline’s visit this week. Can’t wait to see those grandsons EARLY Thursday morning. The four year old said that he likes to sleep next to Memaw, but “I like to fish with Big Daddy.” Gotta love these babies. He told his mom that he wants to stay at Memaw’s house all by himself. Hoping we can talk Caroline into letting him stay here with us for a week or so. Ideally, I would like to keep him until we pack up the camper to depart, but I know that Caroline cannot live without him for that length of time.

When I went into town yesterday for a few items I picked up the Space bags for the RV. I think the use of Space Bags is the answer for packing summer and winter clothes into 2 feet of closet space. We will just put our winter clothes in the bags, suck the air out of the bag and then store them down in the “basement” of the camper until we need them.
We made our second failed attempt at night flounder gigging in the boat last night. We just can’t seem to get those lights working correctly. “We?” I should say Billy because I don’t know a thing about connecting those lights, so I just sat in the boat as lookout for looming docks as Billy tried over and over to produce light. While we were towing to the boat the launch it occurred to me that I should be practicing at driving that monster of a truck. Billy put extra little mirrors on the side mirrors so that I hopefully won’t have a total blind spot on each side of the truck. The little mirrors should help with the blind spot but they don’t do a thing to reduce the reach on those side mirrors. Any pedestrian or bicyclist is still in great danger of being bowled over by those far reaching mirrors as I pass by them.

A large container of hazardous material landed on our beach yesterday. Since it has BP written on the side the media assumes it is our first sign of incoming oil. BP finally contacted Billy and he takes his last class tomorrow to be ready for deployment. Our friend from Atlanta who will be Billy’s deckhand will be arriving today to take the class, also. Got to get out there and clean the RV so he will have a place to sleep after Caroline and her family arrive early Thursday morning. So, as our Southern speech dictates….I’m “fixin” to become really busy for the next week. Thanks for stopping in to share in our preparation.

2 comments:

  1. I love being able to read your updates Jane!! :) Keeps me up on things. Lovin it! Busy little bee you are... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there,

    Glad to hear Space Bags are helping you save space in your RV! Just wanted to let you know about our online community, Space Savers, where you can receive space-saving tips and exclusive discounts on Space Bag products. Feel free to use the contact form on the website if you'd like to get in touch.

    Take care and have fun with the grandkids!

    Best,
    Space Savers correspondent
    www.spacesaverscommunity.com

    ReplyDelete