Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Day in the Forest

Woke up to a beautiful morning in the forest.  Walked around and visited with the guests and chatted about how wonderful it is to stand around the campfire on Thanksgiving Day.  Then I packed up the cornbread dressing, cranberry sauce, green beans, giblet gravy and honey baked ham and drove over to the OHV (Off Highway Vehicle) Center to potluck with fellow camp hosts and trail workers.  There was plenty food there to enjoy, and the Interns got to stock up their refrigerator with the leftovers.  Wow!

Caroline called last night and left a message on the answering machine about how happy she would be if I made her the Old Fashioned Fruitcake.  I called her and told her that I was working almost non stop on the three Xmas outfits, and she insisted that I had enough time.  Okay, I will try but I am not promising anything.  I have to finish these three outfits before I make that fruitcake.  The fruitcake takes 2 full days to make and probably 3 days with this little Easy Bake oven that will only hold one cake at the time.  Oh well, if asked nicely we will do most anything for our kids.

Some of the Campground Hosts enjoying Thanksgiving dinner.
Hope all of our loved ones had a beautiful Thanksgiving, and now I am going to put my stuffed self to bed.
Betty is a Camphost at Mill Damn all by herself.  She is just the sweetest!

No comments:

Post a Comment