Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bears in the Woodpile

We had one slightly rainy day, but the last couple of days have been absolutely perfect.  Makes me feel at total peace with the world.  I have been sewing on an Easter dress and loving life.  We went out on the rifle range this morning with our buddies, Jane and Bill.  Had a blast out there shooting; however, I learned that my pistol kicks back and hurts my hand.  After a morning of shooting targets, we all enjoyed another meal at Square Meal.  Promise, no more falling off the diet wagon for a while.

Speaking of diets.  Billy has lost five pounds.  I know now why his diet was successful.  First he chopped and split the wood and stacked it up neatly by the motor home.  A few days later a bear came along and scattered the wood everywhere.  After that, Billy compulsively stacked the wood neatly between two pine trees, and stated that he didn't think the bear could knock that down.  Wrong again, and I have the pictures to prove it!  I am waiting to see if he will neatly stack the wood up again.

We said a short goodbye to our friends Jane and Bill today.  They are leaving the Forest to stay near Orlando for a bit.  They too have tickets to see Reba at the Plant City Strawberry festival, so will be meeting up with them again soon.  Our next week is filled with classes and Billy has a VA appointment in Tampa.  We take a full day class of First Aid and CPR, and then a day of Defensive Driving class.  We plan to drive to Tampa for Billy's appointment on Tuesday, and spend Tuesday night with Marianne and Kevin before returning to the Forest!  Life Is Good Today!  I started to say that I was "fixin" to take Maggie out to check her peemail, but she is the only dog around here.  I won't let her approach the bear scat!


Firewood stacked neatly .
Bears Play Pick up Sticks

Firewood stacked and wedged between two pine trees this time!

Bears had a buffet of grubs once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment