Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Monday, March 12, 2012

Plant City Strawberry Festival Time of the Year!!!!!

Billy and I continued our habits of recent days and stayed busy through the weekend....piddle here, piddle there. Sunday morning we drove to Tampa to enjoy the night and day with Kevin, Marianne and Jackson. What a fun busy day we enjoyed. We took Jackson to the Tampa Zoo in the afternoon and enjoyed a day with the animals and playing in the water park area. Jackson had a blast. We returned home to Marianne's house and prepared to go to Plant City to the Plant City Strawberry Festival. Marianne and Kevin surprised us at Christmas with tickets to see Reba at the Strawberry Festival. We dropped Jackson off at Kevin's Mom and Dad's house in Plant City before driving over to the festival. There we visited with Jean, Bill, Granny, Jordan and Evan. Bill had just come in from the strawberry field next door with a three gallon bucket full of fresh red, sweet, big, juicy strawberries. I sat down next to the bucket while everyone visited and almost ate my fill of strawberries still warm from the sun. The festival was crowded as usual with everything you could ever imagine to eat. I had the BESTEST fried cheddar cheese nuggets from Wisconsin while the others enjoyed corn dogs. Wish I could have frozen some of that to bring home. For dessert I had an elephant ear that was so big I couldn't eat the whole thing. I KNOW! Not one of us had strawberry shortcake. Parkesdales does not sell shortcake at the festival so we decided to do strawberry shortcake another day. The Reba concert was magnificent. Billy believes that it is the best concert that he has ever attended. I enjoyed each and every song, and I could have sat there in the outside arena all night listening to her sing. When we went to Jean and Bill's to pick up a tired little Jackson, they gave us the bucket (what was left after I invaded) of strawberries to bring home.

On the way back to the Forest today we stopped off at Hillsborough River State Park and had a nice lunch with Ray and Mary Frances. They were volunteers with us at Elijah Clark State Park last year, and they will be returning to be with us there again this summer. It was really fun seeing them again. I'll leave with you the thought that Billy is on his way to the store for some pound cake and whipped cream, and I believe we are having strawberry shortcake for supper. You see....."Life is Good Today!"








No comments:

Post a Comment