Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Friday, October 5, 2012

Snakes, Flip Flops, Golf Carts.....Oh No!

It has been cloudy most of this week, and the heat has been unbearable here on the Gulf Coast. I thought that I had finally learned the hard way to take long walks in the woods while wearing REAL shoes as opposed to flip flops and to pay attention to where I am walking. Yesterday I was meandering along looking at the bayou off to my right when I noticed a BIG snake sitting mid-stride under my feet. I did a high acrobatic leap into the air and a girly girl scream escaped from my mouth. Note to self: Going to the Forest next Wednesday....wear real shoes. The camp ground here is not crowded yet; however, the snowbirds shuffle around the park on these slow as Christmas golf carts. Can hardly wait to get back on the Razor and speed through the Trails in the Ocala National Forest. Until then somehow I don't think the campers who live in this monster RV are the ones cruising around the campground in golf carts. Isn't it cool? No picture of the snake...I had to get far away from him but I got a photo of the beautiful bayou. Life is Good Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment