Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Monday, February 28, 2011

...And Then There Were MORE Boat Troubles

Friday morning I jumped out of bed early and drove over to the Indian Reservation to do our laundry.  After that I cleaned the motor home and dug out the linens for Marianne, Kevin and Jackson.  In the early afternoon Billy and I drove to Lake Placid to pick up our boat and to stop on the way home for groceries.  After a short walk with Maggie to see the Egrets, Herons and alligators Marianne and Kevin arrived with Jackson.  We have been blessed with a sweet and very very good grandson.  He is an absolute joy to be around and we miss him terribly when he is gone.  Billy and Kevin went out on Lake Okeechobee Saturday afternoon fishing after a morning of bacon, eggs, stone-ground grits and biscuits.  YES!  Jackson just loved those grits.  Marianne, Jackson and I drove into town to pick up a swimming pool and a few things for Jackson.  After that we enjoyed an afternoon of watching Jackson splash and experience his pool.  Billy prepared steaks on the grill for dinner and a nice relaxing day came to an end.  Sunday morning Marianne and Kevin opted to say "no" to their kind invitation to go out on the airboats for the day so that they could sit around and enjoy a lazy afternoon with us old folks.  I am so thankful that they enjoy us as much as we enjoy them.  Jackson swam in his pool again after a breakfast of sausage/gravy biscuits while we lounged around outside and enjoyed our family.

I have been busy sewing as fast as I can to finish the Dedication Gown and Slip.  I completed the last stitch on the slip today so I am about to begin on the matching bonnet!  Our new sleep number mattress arrived in the mail Friday, but my "sewing" order is not here yet.  Billy had to take the boat back to Lake Placid today for more repairs.  I don't understand boat motors, but I do understand that these repairs are extensive and thankfully the motor is still under warranty.  Yippee....just hope they repair it quickly because we need to be fishing!

                             (Below is a picture of Billy reading a good night story or two to Jackson.)
We are having left overs for dinner tonight, and I plan to continue sewing.....Life is Good Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment