Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dentists! Lab Tests! But Fun With Grandson!

We have had a busy few days since last I was on the computer.  The dentist visit was a real shocker for me since I clench my teeth frequently when I move during the day and night from the pain in my back.  The pain has been there so long that I hardly notice it anymore.  Six and half hours straight in the dentist chair on Thursday and I am done.  Still can't eat but I could stand to lose a few pounds.  While my life was miserable dealing with the dentist I went over to the Air Force hospital and had blood work and bone density tests done.  Have an appointment with the Dr. Monday week as they said "something" is wrong with the blood work.  La la la la la la la!  Getting old is not for sissies!

We spent the weekend with Marianne, Kevin and Jackson and had a grand time.  I cooked a dinner of pork chops, fresh creamed corn, green beans, homemade mac and cheese and yeast rolls!   Life was good, but I couldn't eat.  On Saturday while Marianne studied Kevin and I went to Costco and Kevin bought a great sand box for Jackson.  We returned with his purchase and they all commenced to putting the monster together while Jackson and I played.  Jackson ran a fever on Friday and Saturday so he wasn't feeling great!  I was able to finish up Jackson and Lincoln's Easter outfits.  The pattern is Children's Corner Jeffrey and they are both reversible.  Jackson's is the little yellow outfit and the embroidery on the reversible side does not show up too well.  I don't take very good photos of the baby clothes and certainly didn't want to iron that little rabbit again before I took that close up photo.  You get the idea ----- those two little grandsons will look like angels on Easter morning.

We haven't mentioned new purchases for our motor home lately because there thankfully haven't been any.  We finally decided that we were spending a wad of money buying bags of ice during the week and bought a portable ice machine.  It is small and light and sits out under the awning.  It makes 28-30 pounds of ice a day and works great except  for taking out on the boat for fishing.  The ice melts too quickly.  Also found some Melamine stacking mixing bowls with lids at Costco.  They are great.  Previously I had some plastic stacking bowls with lids, but I couldn't use my electric mixer with them.  Now Billy will be happy to know that I can mix him up a cake to cook in our "Easy Bake Oven."  Must close for now and plunder through my sewing "stash" to see what I can make up for that new little grand daughter coming soon.  Life is Good Today!
Lincoln's Easter Outfit
The Revere Side of Lincoln's Outfit
The photo uploader seems to be having trouble tonight so I will put the photos of Jackson's Easter suit up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment