Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Easter Sunday at MacDill Air Force Base

I am going to attempt to enter a blog quickly before my computer "quits" on me once again. (Days Later:  Thank goodness I saved a Draft.)  We enjoyed a rather quiet week last week because I was still having dental issues and the weather permitted us to fish only once.  As I was leaving the dentist office on Friday during rush hour traffic, on an empty tank of gas, and with my exit to the freeway closed off I spotted a HUGE Jo Anne's Fabric store.  I instantly figured out how to cross a few lanes of busy traffic and made a left hand turn into the strip mall parking lot.  Wow!  That is the first fabric store I have been into in a long time, and I had a blast!  Still lacking in heirloom sewing supplies, but had some beautiful fabric.  I have almost completed the first little outfit for "Baby Peach," and I am still immensely enjoying the process.

Billy and I went out into Tampa Bay on Saturday for our third attempt to return to one of his old fishing holes.  We found the spot after much searching, but what the meteorologist predicted to be light chopped turned into moderate chop, and we couldn't anchor on the spot.  Still it was fun to be back on the water.

For my RV friends out there the Simply Lite Corningware (http://www.corningware.com/index.asp?pageId=132) casserole dishes came in quite handy yesterday to carry one of my Easter dishes to Jean's house.  I also used one of our new Melamine Stacking mixing bowls,  and I was prepared to inform our fellow RV'rs about how wonderful they are until I discovered you should NEVER put them in the microwave because of formaldehyde.  They are lightweight, have lids and a rubber ring on the bottom to keep them sliding around in the cabinet or on top of the counter if you are preparing a meal while being driven down the highway.  We just recently bought these from Costco.  I still like them, but I surely wish they would go in the microwave.

We enjoyed Easter Sunday in Plant City with Marianne, Jackson and Kevin and his family.  Jackson quickly caught on to how to hunt for Easter eggs and a good time was had by all.  The food was scrumptious and Jackson enjoyed lots of banana pudding.  Jean prepared an Easter ham and turkey to go with the side dishes that we each contributed.  Quickly closing to see if my computer has lasted long enough to post this blog.  As always, "Life is Good Today!"
Lincoln texting Memaw Easter Sunday.
Dot, Bill, Kenlee, Marianne, Jackson, Granny, Jordan, Alan, Kelly

No comments:

Post a Comment