Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Magnificent Life of a Campground Host

Seriously, I'm not joking.  We feel so privileged to be living in such a remote and beautiful area.  I must remember to take my camera out with me as we do our "rounds" around the park so that you can see the world through our eyes.  The scenery and wildlife are magnificent.

I forgot to mention that with the help of Marianne and Kevin Billy and I have discovered Skype.  It is so much fun to talk and see Jackson on the computer when we talk about three times a week.  He is sooooooooo sweet giving us "fist pounds" and kisses and then looking behind his laptop screen to see where we are!  We must outfit all the grandkids with laptop cameras before we take off out west again.  Speaking of outwest again, we are very sorry to hear about the grizzly bear attack at Yellowstone.  Yikes!  I thought it was the bison that were most dangerous.  And speaking of bison, Maggie discovered that there is a field of Longhorns and Bison just before we enter the city limits of Lincolnton, GA.  She still hates "buffalo" from our trip out west last year.

Yesterday I left Billy to his own devices and went to Athens and Lexington.  I had to pick up some Bulldawg red and black material and rick rack to make Kinley and Lincoln their DAWG outfits for this coming football season.  After stopping off at the Varsity for a chili dog (Whatta You Have?)  I visited with Caroline, Phil and Lincoln, and we went to the swimming pool.   Yoo Hoo!  Lincoln even jumped off the diving board for the first time.  Fun!

I made it back to Elijah Clark in time to go into Lincolnton with our "campground crowd" for our weekly Wednesday Italian night.  I would say that we all had a good time.   Forgot to share that Don and Debbie (neighbors from McDonough, GA)  dropped by to visit with us this past Saturday.  They took us out to the Corner Cafe in Lincolnton where we all enjoyed hamburgers, fries, and good company.  It was fun seeing them again. Billy is taking it easy today because his back hurts, but we hope to get into McCormick, SC sometime today to pick up a few things.  Life is Good Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment