Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Running with Scissors

This past week Billy and I stayed rather busy preparing our portion of the campground for the busy 4th of July holiday.  Some new Campground Hosts arrived to take some of the load off of us.  They are a delightful couple who full time and came up from a park in Tampa.  We joined about 12 other folks from the staff at Elijah Clark and went into Lincolnton, GA to Papa's Pizza.  Wow!  A real night on the town.

There is a store/warehouse Heirloom/Smocking Supplies type place called Farmhouse Fabrics in Beech Island, SC.  It is only opened to the public the first Friday of each month.  I drove about an hour to get there yesterday and found it way the heck out in the country.  It truly appeared to be an old farmhouse and it was stacked from corner to corner from floor to ceiling with any heirloom pattern, French Lace, trims, buttons, ribbons, fabric and smocking plates that you could ever want.  The next time I go I plan to take photos.  I thought of all the hole in the wall places that I have discovered, but this one tops the list.  (http://www.farmhousefabrics.com/.  Just go to to the sites marked "Gallery" and you will get just a taste of the available supplies).   I was seriously overwhelmed and spent hours in there crawling from step stools to crawling on the floor.  The next time I go I will bring a picnic lunch as well as a plan and a wish list.  I did purchase some patterns for Kinley to grow into and some GA Bulldawg matterial and trims.

Elijah Clark State Park is almost full to the max and it appears that visitors have settled in for a good time.  The kids and grand kids are coming out to spend the day on the lake with us tomorrow.  Billy and I have truly enjoyed being in this beautiful park.  The deer are plentiful and we learned that they had three babies born this spring - two of them being twins.  I saw Mama Deer with her twins who were still spotted last week.  Billy and I wrapped up our day yesterday with a refreshing swim in the lake.  So you see...........Life is Good Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment