Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Friday, April 20, 2012

Still Settling in.....

Don't recall if I mentioned the drought conditions at Elijah Clark State Park. The lake is dreadfully low so we welcomed the rain that arrived on Wednesday. Billy has been busy spraying weed killer, utilizing the front end loader and mowing grass. I am trying to pick up the limbs and tidy each campsite to ready the campground for the Memorial Day weekend. As compared to Ocala National Forest in some ways it is more peaceful here; however, when we hear the hum of a lawn mower or a weed eater in the background of the critter's songs our tranquility is disturbed. We are still tilted heavily to the right and had to shut down the refrigerator last night because it started leaking. Guess it is a fact that these RV refrigerators like to be level. Thankfully we are provided with a refrigerator here at Elijah Clark so we filled it up last night and turned our RV "toy" refrigerator off until we can get level. Like a passenger on the Titantic I still say "Hold on to the rails when we capsize!", and Billy says he feels like he is walking through the Fun House at the fair. Thankfully with the use of an additional refrigerator we can adjust our diets back to something resembling normal. We had meatloaf, mashed potatoes, homemade pumpkin bread, and fresh green beans for dinner last night. We now have lots of refrigerator space to store those left overs. I made pimento cheese and can't get past the desire to eat as many grilled pimento cheese sandwiches as I can each day. Tonight I am going to Caroline's house for my very first Pampered Chef party. Living in civilization has some perks, and I can't wait to see those precious grandsons. Life remains good here in GA today. At Caroline's house I found this photo of Billy and I on Panama City beach. Thought I would post it because there are not many photos of us together, and we are together almost every where we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment