Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bluegrass Weekend at Elijah Clark State Park

Wow! Billy and I had an awful time last week fighting fevers. I think we have finally recovered. I had an appointment with my surgeon on Thurs. I was disappointed to be scolded to keep my arm in a sling for another month at least, not to exercise it at all, not to lift anything heavier than a coffee cup and not to pull it away from shoulder. Do I need to say that Billy as my hair stylist is very lacking? We started off with the three day bluegrass festival last night. Caroline, Sam, Phil and Lincoln came to enjoy the music and some barbecue topped off with a red velvet cake for Caroline's birthday. The boys thought it was great fun to take $5 each to the festival. They ended up buying Hawaiian Shaved Ice and nachos. I think Phil was anxious to see "Our" Hannah sing the National Anthem, and she certainly didn't disappoint us. A beautiful girl! We were disappointed that Brandon, Lori and the girls couldn't come visit but with the high state of alert Brandon is tied up with work. Billy and I have completed our 2 hours work today at the festival (just behind our motor home), so we plan to enjoy the music relaxing from our porch this evening. It's a difficult job, but somebody has to do it. LOL If all goes as planned we intend to break camp here early Monday morning and slowly make our way to Tyndall Air Force Base in Panama City. I will be driving behind Billy and towing the razor so it will be a slow go with one arm. Life is Good Today. It broke my heart to say goodbye to those boys a moment ago. I had a weepy moment after we went to bed last night and Billy promised me that I could come see them any weekends I wanted.

No comments:

Post a Comment