Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Monday, November 15, 2010

Ebenezer RV Park - Rock Hill, SC

So much has happened in so little time.  We cleaned our way out of our home in FL last Wednesday and hopefully left it in good condition for our tenant and good friend to move into on Dec. 1st.  We spent the night in Dothan, AL with Billy's mom and did all that we could to get her acquainted with my laptop that we were taking to her.  (I am still trying to learn my new laptop.)  We left Dothan after lunch on Thursday and headed north toward SC.  As luck would have it we reached Atlanta at 5:00 pm during rush hour traffic, but we drove the motor home straight through town on I-85 with little trouble.  We decided to drive on to Piedmont, SC to spend the night with Aunt Peggy and Uncle Tom.  They didn't know how to tell us to drive the motor home into their lot to park it without backing up, so we spent the night in the Save A Lot parking lot.  I believe we added another chapter to "You Might Be A Redneck If" as Billy's cousins stopped by the parking lot that evening and the next morning early to say HELLO!  We did get to steal a few kisses from cute little Lily before packing up and driving to Ebenezer Park in Rock Hill, SC  on Friday morning.  My brother, Mike and his wife Mary Ann stopped by for a visit and a tour of our new motor home after we got set up.


Saturday morning we drove to Cherryville, NC to attend Uncle Jim's funeral services.  Under taxing and stressful conditions it was still a treat to see Brandon, Caroline and their families.  I also got to see cousins and family that I never get to see enough of.  (Oops.  Ended that sentence in a preposition!)  The military honors were fitting for a great American hero to be laid to rest, but it pained me to lay flowers on the graves of my Mom and Dad!


On Sunday after Billy and I made the required trip to Wally World we enjoyed a homemade Lasagne dinner at my brother's house.  Yum!  I think that it is the best meal we have had all month as Billy and I are still trying to rest up from the work of moving our STUFF out of our house.  Today, it is cloudy and it looks like it may rain.  We are lazing around and totally enjoying having nothing  important to do.  As luck would have it I had a filling fall out of my tooth while we were in Dothan so I have a dental appointment here in Rock Hill tomorrow morning early.  After that appointment we plan to break camp and spend the night at Aunt Peggy's and Uncle Tom's before heading to the Ft. Gordon campground for the holidays.  "Life is Good Today" as we adjust to our new lifestyle!

No comments:

Post a Comment