Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Walk On The Hiking Trail Through the Woods

Yesterday was another mostly lazy day although I did hop out of bed early and went to the laundromat to do two loads of laundry.  With that out of the way Maggie and I went on a long walk through the campground and even hiked the Bertram Trail through the woods.  It was a beautiful Fall day and the leaves are still a beautiful Fall color here.  Naturally as I hiked I was on the lookout for evergreens to decorate our motorhome for Christmas.  Wouldn't I love to find a big patch of creeping cedar.  That is my favorite medium to work with at Christmas.  After our hike and a quick shower I curled up with my book and Maggie crawled under her blankie for a nap.  Billy was in town looking for a new truck.  Oh how I wish this move had been better planned out before we left.  He found a smaller truck and a dealer that will actually trade trucks and pay us in the trade.  In the long run it's probably a good idea to cut our losses now and lighten the load on this motorhome.  Keeping it short again today since we are preparing to leave for Caroline's.  Yippee!  We get to see those two grandsons.  Hopefully we will be able to bring Phil and his bicycle back here to spend the night with us.  Caroline will be putting up her Christmas decorations today so I think this will be fun.  I divided my Christmas decorations between Brandon and Caroline so it will be interesting to see how she uses my old decorations.  Many of the Christmas decorations were handmade by Mom for the grandkid's first Christmas tree.  As I close I looked out the window at a bright yellow maple tree proudly changing it's colors.  Out the other window are a flock of mallards swimming on the very foggy lake this morning.  Life is surely good today!

No comments:

Post a Comment