Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Three More Days Until.....

....we finally make our major life change.  I am painfully aware that it has been a long time since I have posted but Billy and I are working like mad to clean our "stuff" out of this house so that we can get on the road again!!!!!  Billy is actually to the point of making lists but my list is still too long to put into writing.  Our plans are to depart here early Wednesday morning.  The car is in Tampa waiting to be sold and we were fortunate in selling a refrigerator, freezer, my piano and a few other items.  Strange to be down to a one car family again, but I think our generation is spoiled and we still expect to have it "all" even in this bad economy.  It is a good feeling to simplify.  We vacillate between cleaning out the house and preparing the motor home for departure, but what I am really trying to say is that we are running in circles.   Sam and Kevin came this weekend and took a truckload and trailer load out to North Georgia.  That last deposit left us with a house that almost looks unlived in and almost ready to be turned over to our renter.  Yippee!  Yesterday I defrosted and cleaned three refrigerators/freezers.  Today I plan to clean and defrost the refrigerator in the motor home as well as put the last minute items in the motor home.  After today we may have no choice but to move into the motor home because all of our "stuff" is tucked away there!  Billy picked up the camper shell for the truck last week, and he has the truck packed.  Sure wish that my sewing machine was not a computer and it could be stored in the truck with Billy's golf clubs, because I am sitting here composing this blog and procrastinating putting the last minute items into the motor home.  Where oh where will I put that sewing machine??????   

I am saddened to report that my Uncle Jim Stroupe passed away early Friday morning.  He was run over by a city bus in Asheville, NC recently and was still hospitalized at the Rehab center when he passed away.  Seems a shame that a vibrant and beloved man who served in World War II, Korean War, and two tours in Vietnam died of trauma that he received in his homeland.  Uncle Jim was a real American hero who once served as Command Sergeant Major.  It is meaningful to me that he passed so close to our Veteran's Day celebrations.  The services are tentatively planned for around noon next Saturday in Cherryville at the Mount Zion Cemetery.  Thankfully, we will be able to attend.  Uncle Jim and my daddy were always very close and Uncle Jim meant the world to me when I was growing up.

Time to wrap this up and start putting the finishing touches on the transfer of property from our sticks and bricks house to our home on wheels.  Life is Good Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment