Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Still Exploring MacDill Fam Camp and Tampa

Sunday morning we decided that it was time we did a little "work" around the "house."  Billy washed the outside of the motor home and I cleaned the inside. Sunday afternoon Marianne, Kevin and Jackson came to spend the evening with us in the motor home and cook hamburgers out on the grill.  They were our first dinner guests in the motor home, and we had a blast.  The hamburgers were grilled to perfection on our Baby Q Grill that we have thoroughly enjoyed.   I took Jackson for a little walk up and down our street and discovered that it is really dark outside without street lights.

We woke Monday to warm temperatures and the birds singing all around us.  What a wonderful sound!  I thought I was living in Hawaii again.  In the new spot that they moved us to we can see an osprey nest not far from our camper.  It appears to be a mother and two young birds that I really enjoy watching.  We have a secluded wooded area across the street from us so it is a very peaceful spot.  Joe and Dianne who were our old neighbors moved with us and are still next door neighbors.  Life is Good Today.   I still have not been able to walk around the entire RV park.  It is huge with Tampa Bay and the Marina about 2 blocks from our camper.  Billy and I are both getting itchy feet (wrong - webbed feet) to pick up our boat and get out on the salt water with a fishing pole in our hands.  Before we can fish though we have to take our poles to our pro red fishing buddy Joe to be repaired!   I also probably need to deal with the pain in my back and neck that still remains after my fall down Caroline's icy steps.   Thought it would get better on it's own as I can now lift my left leg that I couldn't lift after the fall.  Billy had an appointment at the VA Hospital in Tampa on Monday that lasted a few hours.  Maggie and I sat in the parking lot and read a book while we waited.  Afterwards we went to Ikea to buy a new duvet and duvet cover, and then we enjoyed dinner at a little diner.  Found the perfect little folding wooden tables at Ikea to use for end tables and what not tables.  Only $6.99 so I purchased two and plan to go back and get two more for the patio!  Yoo Hoo!  Life is Good Today!

Hoisted our dirty laundry to the campground laundry mat this morning and wondered how we manage to dirty so many clothes when each of our closets is only four feet wide!  Of course, I was laundering the old duvet and duvet cover to be used on the hideaway sofa should any of our friends and family want to come sleep over with us.  After the laundry we visited the BX on base and I was pleasantly surprised to find items that are  not in all of the PX's.  I think this is where the "pretty people" shop.  They had some really nice items.  Took our Hyundai to the Hobby Shop on base for a tune up and then we will put it back on Craig's List to sell!  Don't know why we are having a difficult time finding a buyer.  Going to have left overs for dinner, take a long walk and then curl up with my book about General Robert E. Lee.  Life Is Good Today.  Couldn't be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment