Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Billy and I drove to Dothan, AL on Thursday to spend Mother's Day with his Mom and see Bradley play Little League Baseball.  Bradley's team didn't win, but we enjoyed seeing the game nevertheless.  Billy missed the game in order to stay behind to supervise the plumbers who were at his mom's house.  Of course, I visited The Smock Shoppe (http://thesmockshoppe.com/) and fingered everything in the store while I visited with Mary.  Yesterday was Mike's (Billy's brother) birthday and we had a nice visit and homemade vegetable dinner with Mike and Sandra on Thursday night.  Billy's mother cooked up some butter peas, meat loaf, fried okra, steamed cabbage and fried cornbread.  We ate until we were almost sick!  Amber, Morgan, Jackson, and Lillian visited us, and Mel, Ish, Bradley, Lauren, Abbie and Ella stopped in for a visit last night.  They are all growing way too fast.
Morgan and Amber
Lillian and Jackson
Bradley
Sue, Lauren, Mel, Ella, Abbie
Abbie

Missing my mom today and know that the empty hole in my heart will never heal.  However, I have been blessed with my two children and they are my greatest pride.  Then my blessings multiplied after Billy and I married and his children loved me, too.  I couldn't ask for more out of life until these precious children gave us Grandchildren.  It just doesn't get any better.  YES!  "Life is Good Today,"

No comments:

Post a Comment