Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, December 21, 2010

THE Christmas Virus

Since my last post we have each, one by one, dropped out to endure the 24 hour virus that appears to be highly contagious.  Wow!  Hopefully that means that we will all be well for Christmas celebrating.  I have to add that I walked into Caroline's house early yesterday morning and warned her to be very careful as her front steps were covered with ice.  I enjoyed a hot cup of coffee there and then RUSHED out the door to our motor home so that Billy and I could go pick up the new camper shell for his truck.  Rushed being the operative word and in the blink of an eye both of my feet flew out from under me and I came down on the edge of the steps straight across my already beleaguered back.  Once I found enough breath to scream I began screaming for help.  Caroline was running the vacuum and couldn't hear me, but Billy heard me loud and clear.  Thankfully, no serious harm done.  I am just extremely sore and stiff all over.  For a time there I was sure that I would be spending Christmas day in the hospital as opposed to with my children.

Phil was a shepherd in the Sunday morning Christmas sermon at their church.  He sang his little heart out, and I was so happy that we were here to share this with him.  Brought tears to my eyes.  Caroline and Sam went back to church Sunday evening for the Christmas Cantata and Santa's visit with the children.  I stayed at home with a very tired Lincoln.  Wouldn't take a million dollars for that experience.  Caroline's house was decorated and she left with the Christmas lights all sparkling, candles lit, Christmas carols playing and a cuddly and sleepy little Lincoln wrapped up in my arms.  I could have rocked and cuddled that precious bundle all night long, but didn't want to totally spoil him for Caroline and Sam.

I have officially discovered Trader Joe's.  What a great store.  Their Triple Ginger Cookies, granola, smoked salmon, almond butter and lots of other items are just to die for.  Billy is out at the movie theatre with Phil right now enjoying Yogi Bear, but I plan on making one more trip to Trader Joe's before we leave here on Sunday.  Hard to believe that we have been here five weeks.  The time really flies by when I am with the kids.  Caroline prepared the sweet potato casserole yesterday and began putting the ingredients together for good old-fashioned cornbread dressing.  Many good smells mingling in this motor home.

Phil is the Shepherd to the left with the maroon shepherd's wrap.
Once again....."Life is Good Today!"  Thank you so much for stopping by to visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment