Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Very Cold at West Pointe Army Resort in North GA

Not much going on this past week.  We piddled around the RV park and took long walks with Maggie.  We traveled into Augusta one day last week to pick up a few items at the Fort Gordon PX and Commissary.  After going to two PX's and a couple of stores it was a complete wash out so we returned home tired and empty handed.  On Thursday we went over to Brandon's house in the afternoon and we both took long hot showers.  Wow did that feel good.  The shower house here at the Army RV park leave a lot to be desired.  Brandon was still at work and Lori out of town so I cranked up his BIG stove and cooked up a big pot of Paula Deen's ham and potato soup.  Topped with chives and crumbled bacon it was great.  We had planned on staying the evening at Brandon's to help him surprise Lori by decorating the home for Christmas; however, Caroline phoned at 8:00 pm to say that her babysitter's brother was seriously ill and she needed me to keep the boys on Monday.  So glad that we were here and able to help her out some.  Of course I was tickled to be able to spend the entire day with the boys.  I left the RV at 5:45 am and didn't get back home until 8:00 so I was drop dead tired but so enjoyed my day.  Lincoln is the sweetest little baby and it has been a long time since I could spend the day with Phil.  So wish that I could go to the Watkinsville Christmas Parade with Caroline and the boys today but Billy and I have some errands to run in Augusta.  It is going to get down to 15 degrees in a few days, and we need to take precautions that our pipes do not freeze.  You have to love this lifestyle.......There are only 4 other campers in the campground and the Army just delivered and stacked a cord of wood for us "homeless" folks over here in the woods.  I definitely plan on picking up the ingredients for S'Mores while we are in town.  I'm a fire bug and love a campfire.  So you see "Life is Good Today" and my UGG boots keep my piggies toasty warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment