Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cherryville, NC


Today was spent with a trip to Cherryville, NC with my brother. We met Uncle Jim and many Stroupe families who have traveled for the first time to Cherryville for the family reunion. We took them on a tour of the Cherryville Museum and then stomped through the Mt. Zion Baptist Church cemetery. My Uncle Jim is the elder of the Stroupe family serving in WWII, Korean War and two tours in Viet Nam. There were just a few of the "clan" in Cherryville today so I fear that tomorrow I am going to meet even more relatives that I didn't know I had. I believe that Billy is truly thankful that he chose to hang out in the RV today instead of cemetery stomping. A good time was had by all and the trip was completed with a good Cherryville hamburger with slaw on it. Yum Yum. After putting my produce stand purchases of fresh peas up in our tiny RV freezer I resisted the urge to stop off again at the produce stand. Billy and I are both stuffed full of fresh fruit! Rushing off to bed because our day begins at 8:00 am as we have to hike through woods in Alexis, NC to show family memories from far away where old Jacob is buried.

No comments:

Post a Comment