Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Side Trip to Cherryville, NC




My brother and I went to Cherryville, NC today to visit my mom's sister, Aunt Evelyn, in the nursing home. I was so happy that she knew who we were and still has her wonderful sense of humor that she displayed while I sang songs to her. What a beautiful lady. My cousin Nancy met us at Carolina Care, and we all had a great visit. On the way home I stopped at the best produce stand (yes, I have my priorities in order), and bought a gallon of Georgia Belle white peaches, fresh picked blueberries, vine ripened tomatoes, a SWEET smelling cantelope, a bag of fresh picked figs, a bag of white acre peas, purple hulled peas, and butter beans. I have our little refrigerator packed and will have to blanch and freeze the beans tomorrow, but Billy is eating well! Oh how I wish that I had a big kitchen right now, and I would have purchased a bushel of those beautiful figs and put up lots of jars of fig preserves. Life is good today!

No comments:

Post a Comment