Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Only Two More Days

Billy and I are still making separate lists and checking them twice. For some reason, I am super low on energy so I would say that he has done the bulk of the work. Today he packed most of the outside away in the sheds should a hurricane decide to blow through here while we are away. Yesterday we packed up our summer/winter clothing to go into each of our one foot wide closets. We decided that our winter coats would reside in the truck. We had to try on quite a few outfits that seem to have shrunk since we last wore them. Oh my! Much to Maggie’s (our Toy Manchester Terrier) dismay our sundries are piled on the kitchen table to go into the camper. You see she has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and goes into a barking hissy fit should anything in the house be out of place. I told Billy that I trained her that way when she barked continuously at his ball cap that he “accidentally” hung on the kitchen chair. We are not having our mail forwarded so we purchased a few mail folders already stamped to leave with our neighbor should we receive something she deems important. We pay most of the bills online which reminds me that Billy put security codes on each of our laptops should they be stolen. That would not be funny.

With just a few reservations made in advance we are certainly excited to begin our journey. We are staying a week at West Yellowstone in a KOA campground, a week at the Air Force Academy Fam Camp at Colorado Springs, a week at the Fam Camp at F. E. Warren AFB in Cheyenne, WY, and a few days on the French Broad River at a campground in Asheville, NC. We hope to stay a week at the Ebenezer Campground in Rock Hill, SC but they do not take reservations in advance. While there I will be visiting with my brother and traveling around western NC to see my cousins and my aunt who is in a nursing home. This is after spending 6 days in Caroline’s front yard so that we can visit the two grandsons and babysit while she has a dental appointment. Caroline also wants me to go school shopping with her so that I can watch the boys while she shops. This will be fun. Only two more days! Thanks for stopping in to visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment