Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Ashley's Homecoming Dance

Woke up yesterday morning to rain pitter pattering on the roof.  It sounded like someone popping bubble wrap up there on our rubber roof.  Slept in and enjoyed the rain just as long as I possibly could.  I had promised Eric that I would take him out shopping for some new tee shirts to wear to school.  Wow!  I had forgotten how difficult it is to shop for young men.  After going to four different stores and not finding one shirt that qualified as suitable we treated ourselves to a Venti coffee from "Four"bucks (Starbucks). Since University of GA had a football game that we couldn't pick up on our TV last night we bribed Jody with a dinner from Kentucky Fried Chicken if we could watch the game at their house.  About 1/3 of the way through the rather embarrassing football game Jody's TV switched over to the Texas Rangers having a  rip-roaring celebration party in their locker room.  After snapping a few photos of Ashley out the door for her Homecoming Dance, we rushed back home to listen to the GA game on XM radio.  I know that it has been many many years since GA lost three football games in a row.  I still bleed Bulldog red and black, but there appears to be something wrong in Athens!  Get it together please.  Laure called us about an hour after we arrived home and asked to spend the night with us, but explained that she was afraid to sleep by herself.  I regret to say that I think my back is beginning to act up (had it fused in 1988), and I am afraid to sleep on the hideawy sofa, and Billy's feet would hang off the end of it.  I am afraid that Laure was very disappointed.   "Life is Good Today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment