Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Jude Travel Park - New Orleans



We slept in rather late for a Rest Stop this morning (7:00), and only then woke up to take Maggie out for a potty break.  We broke camp and left at 8:15 for a 3 1/2 hour drive to New Orleans.  Jude Travel Park is a 15 minute drive from Bourbon Street, but not in the nicest of neighbors; however,  we are surrounded by a security fence that is locked at night.  Still, don't think I will be taking Maggie for long walks down the sidewalks. 

Billy and I went into New Orleans and enjoyed a cold drink at Pat O'Brien's, and strolled around the French Quarter.  I thought the architecture was absolutely remarkable and the people-watching was beyond comparison.  You can still see many homes damaged by Katrina as well as a lot of new roofs.  Let me repeat.......the people watching is superb!   After taking in Bourbon Street we made our required trip to Wally World to pick up a few groceries.  I have to learn to keep a closer eye on my grocery cart and Billy while shopping.  If he wants one box of frozen breakfast biscuits he will pick up two boxes.  My point is our freezer is the size of a large shoe box! 

I thought the photo of our "campground" last night was good.  I'll show it to the grandson's and ask them...."what is out of place in this picture?"  "Life is Good Today!"

1 comment:

  1. Patty O'Brien's is one of the best places to people watch! Wasn't the courtyard charming?

    ReplyDelete