Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Lewistown, MT - The Breaks - And Farewell to Good Friends

I decided to take a "me" day all to myself.  Billy got up and met Archie at his house.  I wondered around cherishing my cup of coffee and then went to the laundromat to do two loads of laundry.  Afterwards I cleaned the camper (took all of 20 minutes) without Billy being underfoot.  Enjoyed a nice long hot shower and curled up with a cup of tea and my book.  What a relaxing day.  It warmed up a little so I was able to let some of this fresh Montana air wash through the camper.

Billy and Archie took off to The Breaks for some serious male bonding time.  I am so glad they got to spend this time together.  The Breaks is quite a hairy drive up a wet and muddy one lane road.  Archie's truck looked as if they had been dirt dobbing when they returned home.  Billy said there were a few times that he didn't think they were going to make it out.  They finally came to a spot in the road that was impassable and had to come back the way they came.  The Breaks is beautiful with the Missouri River running in the bottom.  There was a ghost town up there with a jail, a whore house, a house, and a church.  You can even see where they tied their horses in front of the little church.  After seeing the photos I wished that I had gone along with them, but I wanted them to have this time together.

We had another beautiful dinner at Archie and Charlene's.  Charlene prepared barbecued ribs, rice and mushrooms, corn, and that wonderful chocolate cake topped with whipped cream.  They have been way too good to us while we have been here visiting.  Archie and Charlene have to leave town tomorrow, and Billy and I are going to remain here to do some grocery shopping and plan the remainder of our trip.  We are still having a wonderful time without being one tiny bit homesick.  Think a motor home and full time traveling may be in our future.  We figure that we would see more of the children and grandchildren if we full timed RV as opposed to living in a sticks and bricks house.  We are running it through our minds.  Today is my big brother's birthday.  Happy Birthday Bubba.  I love you.  "Life is Good Today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment