Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Oklahoma

I know we have been MIA for three days.  It took us all the day on Friday to pick up our new motor home, and we had hoped to be on the road right after lunch.  We are a day behind schedule, and we have learned that we no longer care to be on a schedule.  It is a schedule enforced by ourselves because we want to be in Dallas, TX by Monday night to see Eric's, our grandson's, football game.  We have spent the last three nights at Rest Stops and loved every minute of it.  We always wake up the next morning with parking lot full of trucks and campers.  The first morning I turned on our motor home heater for the first time and set off the smoke alarm.  I am certain the truck drivers enjoyed that early morning alarm.  The second night I am certain they enjoyed the smell of the dinner I cooked after we stopped for the night.  Tonight, we stopped at a "Burger Biggie," so I ready to call it an early evening.  The motor home is definitely the ticket.  Billy is a pro at driving it, and I am beginning to relax more.  Maggie is still a bit confused that her house is moving down the road, and she doesn't understand why I can't just let her out the door to go potty when she goes to the door.  We have a few more little things to adjust to make it ours, but we are very happy with our decision.  The photos that are with this blog are all taken with the slides in.  It is considered rude to put your slides out while you are staying free at Wal-Mart, a rest area, or just anywhere you dare to park it.  With that in mind, we know that it would be unheard of to put out the awning, the lawn chairs, and then grill a few steaks in the Wal-Mart or Rest Stop parking area.  I made the mistake of putting my clothes in a drawer that I couldn't get to with the slides in.  I quickly changed that around.  We hope to be in Dallas, Tx tomorrow, but I probably won't post tomorrow night because we will be at Eric's football game.  "Life is Good Today!"

1 comment: