Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Friday, October 15, 2010

Bye Bye to My Piano

Oh my gosh.....Amber and Lee came by with the children last night and purchased my piano.  I truly hated to see it go, but I am thankful that Amber wanted it.  I swelled with pride when Billy finally parted with his cassette players and gave them to Lee.  If Billy had only packed up his boat load of cassette tapes and given them to Lee also, I would know that he is cured of his "pack rat" affliction.  As Lee and Amber were about to drive away I noticed the lonely Rubbermaid trunk on the front porch crying out to go home as a toy box with Amber and Lee.  They are now the lucky recipients of a fantastic and useful plastic trunk!!!!  I had great fun with the kids feeding the fish and ducks, and after the men finished hoisting the piano out the door we all enjoyed a steak/seafood dinner at Rodeo's. 

I performed "cut" number two on my clothes/shoes yesterday.  I finally think that I have it down to the final cut.  Today I plan to tidy up the pile to donate to Goodwill!  Every time I open a cabinet or drawer I end up "downsizing" it.  How and why in the world do we accumulate so much junk?  Gee!  I just unloaded a whole trash can full of motel courtesy sundries that I at one time thought were great for travel.  A note to our children......We have ALL of our photos that we have not already given to you consolidated into ONE giant photo album that will be safely stowed for us at B & L's house.  My computer entertains me daily while it sleeps and slowly scrolls through our family photos over the years, and we are going to try to hang the digital photo album in the motor home.  What I am saying is that we cherish all of our photos of the family; however, we cannot display them in the motor home.

Wrapping this up for the day....."Life is Good Today"

No comments:

Post a Comment