Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Thursday, October 14, 2010

Home Again Home Again Jiggity Jog

Sorry we haven't blogged in a week.  Brandon and Lori visited with us for five days and we had a great time.  Went fishing twice and had oysters and shrimp at Joey's Oyster Bar in Callaway.  A great place to sit out in the fresh air on the water and enjoy seafood.  Made the required trip out to Pier Park, but we mostly just lounged around the house and laughed a lot! 

We did pack up a truck full of boxes for them to take home.  They bought 7 acres on a lake in SC and plan on building a cabin there soon.  We sent them away with pots, pans, casserole dishes, bowls, knives, "bless us all great and small cross stitch," dessert plates, drinking glasses, coffee cups, peculator, crock pot, George Foreman.  After Brandon and Lori left I closed the door to my bedroom and made peace with my closet.  It is a humbling experience to try on in one day every pair of jeans, swim suits, and formals that have not graced your body in years.  I have started a huge pile to go to Goodwill.  I believe that I am going to have to live with my closet being 1/4 full for a few days and then do "cut" number two.  We will not talk about paring down the shoes.  I am having a difficult time with that.  Do flip flops count as a pair of shoes?   I sorted through all of our CD's and DVD's and placed the discs in notebooks.  In the process I found some items that Billy needs to "come to terms" with.  He has a pile of record albums, VCR tapes and an old electric typewriter in the middle of the living room floor.  Heck, is the word "typewriter" still included in Webster's Dictionary?  Amber and Lee are coming tonight to pick up the piano!  Now, I don't care who you are - that's sad.  It is difficult for me to be without my piano, but I am thankful that Amber wants it.

We have thousands of things to do on our "To Do" list, but it will somehow get done.  Billy and I both miss our little house on wheels and are ready to get going with our new lifestyle.  Life is Good Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment