Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Still "packing" in the house......

I am beginning to wonder if this will never end.  At least for the time being it seems endless.  I finally made all of the "cuts" and have all of my shoes and hanging clothes in the closet.  I tried to put my spice rack in the motor home but it wouldn't fit, so it goes to Caroline's.  All day today I feel like I just keep moving "stuff" back and forth between the house and the motor home.  I bought the plastic shoe boxes with lids at the Dollar Store to stack my shoes away in.  It makes it much easier to place your shoes in the bottom of the closet that way.  I still like the idea of securing a bungee cord all the way around the base of our bed.  Then you just slide your shoes under the cord and ala!  More shoes!!!!  I made a pattern of the 747-sized dash board and had planned to make a quilted cover for the dash, but I didn't have enough material.  Billy took a truck load in to Goodwill today.  I think he disposed of the record albums and cassettes, because I don't see them in the middle of our living room floor; however, the electric typewriter is now in the middle of the dining room floor.  I inquired a few days ago if "typewriter" is still a word in Webster's Dictionary.  Today I wonder if we could sell it as an antique.  When I took typing in the 9th grade we still used manual typewriters.  I had never even heard of an electric typewriter at that time.  I have begun to clean out and organize my "sewing stash."  Thankfully, my niece, Taylor, likes to sew so I will have a box in the mail to her in a few days.  For the past 40 years I have had my sewing notions packed away in my sister's Art Bins from UGA.  I plan to send one of those bins on to Taylor and hope that she enjoys it as much as I have. 

I just took a look around the house, garage and trash and it occurred to me that we have already gotten rid of a lot of "junk."  The emphasis is on the word "junk," because we haven't even begun to think about most of the BIG stuff.  Our house is not very large, but it is ridiculous to pay for, heat, and air condition a house this size to store "JUNK."  Now before anyone out there begins to feel sorry for us, we removed the valuable and sentimental items from the house after a tornado from Hurricane Ivan collided with us.

It's a good day to be a Georgia Bulldawg!  Welcome to Athens Big Bad Bruce!  Ain't he pretty?  Life is Good Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment