Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Suppose to be in Tampa today! Arghhhhhhhhh!

Billy and I are sooooooooooooo tired, and we can't sleep at night.  We had planned to leave for Tampa today, but there is still too much to do around the house here.  Cleaning the "stuff" out of this house is more work than we had expected.  I am certain that Billy is befuddled by the amount of "stuff" that he is cleaning out of the garage and sheds because he is of the nature to want to keep "stuff."   It is unbelievable the amount of worthless "stuff" one can accumulate.  Enough said about "stuff."  I am sick of it.  Sam is coming weekend after next to pick up a trailer load to take to Caroline and Brandon!  Brandon has already taken a truck load out.  I have a small box of photos/bibles/yearbooks to go to some body's home for safekeeping.  I fear that Billy has too much "stuff" packed up to go to Marianne's for safekeeping.  The motor home is just about packed.....just a few more cabinets to add shelf paper.  I have reached the point of removing as much as I can from the motor home, because I really don't want us to be overweight!  Each of us is allowed one indulgence - Billy is taking his golf clubs and I am taking my sewing and sewing machine.  I can't put my sewing machine in the motor home until we have the air cranked up, because the machine cannot be exposed to extreme temperatures.

I have almost finished washing the outside of the house and cleaning out the kitchen cabinets.  I think that I failed to mention that the poor housing market today is not a good time to sell our home.  I think we have it rented to a good friend of ours who we know will love it the way we do.  He needs it to be mostly furnished so that is a good thing.  We can leave most of our "stuff" (there's that word again.  I mean - furniture) in the house.  "Stuff?"  Did I mention that I found not one but two bedspreads that were lovingly packed up by me, and I don't remember using either one of them?  Ouch! 

I haven't forgotten that I have not added the photos that we took in Dothan at Bradley's football game.  They are really good, and we had a wonderful time visiting with family again.  Been missing everybody and Billy's mom is doing great.  It means a lot to see her smiling and laughing again.  Calling it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment