Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Monday, October 18, 2010

Still Working on that "To Do" List

Still accomplishing small tasks each day.  After a trip to the fabric store I finally finished making the quilt to cover the dashboard.  I am hoping that the quilt protects the dashboard from cracking under the glare of the sun, and of course gives Maggie a cushy place to curl up and sleep.  We have reached the point where we have more of our belongings in the motor home than we do in the house.   So exciting, we are almost "there."   After a visit with Sue, Billy's mother, we plan to line the cabinets in the motor home with the "foam" to keep things from sliding around, and of course the cabinets each need to be rearranged.  There are a few final items that need to find a resting place in the motor home which will leave us with the chore of cleaning this sticks and bricks house.  Oh yes, and an update on the cassette player/radio, cassettes, electric typewriter and record albums.  The cassette player/radio and cassettes found their resting place at Goodwill.  The very evening after Billy discarded these beloved possessions, we had to make an emergency run into town to Radio Shack to get help with outfitting our Bose Radio with ear plugs.  When it looked like an impossible task I started shopping around Radio Shack for a cheap radio.  What the heck!  Can't buy a simple radio at RADIO Shack!  They are all MP3 players.  Billy's mother wants his cherished electric typewriter .........so.........Life is Good Today.  Least you think that I am poking too much fun at Billy I will admit my obsession.  I love candles and have a cabinet full of candles to fit every occasion.  I have given away many and will take the large/heavy Yankee Candles to Billy's mom today.

Much love to my brother and sister who have recently been diagnosed with a rare genetic disease.  I always knew that my family is special; just didn't know how special we were.  Love you both and I've got dibs on the bed by the window in the Nursing Home!   Life is Good Today!

No comments:

Post a Comment