Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Got My Mojo Back

As I previously blogged I am in a sewing frenzy, but hit a three day "road block" while constructing the embroidered  booties  on Chery Williams Heirloom Patterns Baby Layette (http://www.smockingstore.com/cherywilliams/cwbbylaybk.jpg).   I was prepared to throw my work into the trash and buy a pair of white lacy socks!   I must have flunked "following directions" while in elementary school because I failed for three long days to correctly make these booties look like a bootie.  Yesterday I finally took my failed project two sites down to 81 year old Wilma.  Wilma and Bo are both in their 80's and from Savannah, GA.  Wilma is an accomplished seamstress and proudly showed me the small scaled and large picture cross stitch that she has recently completed.  I asked Wilma if she used a magnifying glass to cross stitch and she assuredly told me "no!"  As we both studied the directions on the little booties I was attempting to thread a needle to baste.  She took the tiny heirloom needle away from me and threaded it on the first try.  Oh my!  I was so impressed.  That dear sweet Wilma showed me how to sew and turn those booties so they would fit on a little foot.  Thank you Wilma!  You're the best.

Today's schedule includes cleaning the motor home, a long walk, finishing up the booties, and going to the Reservation to wash and dry my newly arrived material before I cut out the patterns.  It's a beautiful day, and I hate it that Billy's poor foot still hurts.

Three hours later:  And I am venting.  As I waved good-bye to Billy and left out the door for the Reservation laundry mat this morning I said I hated to put my four pieces of new Imperial Batiste into their washers and dryer.  Famous last words.  When I removed the Batiste from the dryer there were huge black grease marks on three of the pieces.  At this point I was fired up and ready to take on the entire Seminole Nation; however, discretion being the better part of valor I carefully folded my laundry and left in peace.  Now to the task of trying to spot clean and scrub the stains out before I return once again to the laundry mat.  Blah!  Blah!  Blah!  Life is NOT good right this moment.  It promises to change though because Marianne, Kevin, and Jackson are returning to spend another weekend with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment