Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Monday, March 28, 2011

Lincoln's 1st Birthday Yo Gabba Gabba English Smocked John John

Thought that I had a few weeks to complete the two Easter John John's and Lincoln's birthday suit until Caroline told me on Thursday that she is having Lincoln's birthday party next Saturday.  I went into high gear with my sewing and had the Children's Corner Jeffrey pattern complete with the exception of sewing the lining to the suit.  It is a completely reversible suit so this step was very important.  I sewed it together and left openings in the front and back crotch and no matter how I turned it, it came out in a knot.  After a frustrating few hours I woke Billy from his nap for him to give it a try.  Long story short we both picked up the suit off and on for the entire day yesterday and tried to turn it.  Each session ended with our throwing it down and saying we would mail it in a knot and Lincoln could wear it if Caroline and Sam could figure out how to turn it.  Finally at 11:00 pm last night I was successful and the suit is in the mail.  It was a challenge to create the Yo Gabba Gabba theme on the smocking and to come up with a cute reverse side while living 2 hours from the closest sewing center.  On Friday I was at a crossroads of not having any ideas or notions to adorn the reverse side.  While sitting at the kitchen table and contemplating my dilemma I saw the Easter bunny decal on our window.  (I know, we decorated for Easter just like we decorated for Xmas).  Bingo - I snatched that decal down and embroidered a like bunny on the leg of the John John.  When I completed the bunny it was cute but it needed something else.  While washing the dishes I noticed the Easter egg decal on the kitchen window and bingo, we have an embroidered Easter egg on the chest.  Going to take a day of rest and begin the Easter outfits tomorrow.

Billy and I have been going out fishing and catching lots of bass, but none are keeper size.  It is soooooooooo beautiful out on the lake, and we are going to miss it here when we leave next Saturday.  Closing for now and I think Billy is going out fishing with the neighbor if he can fix the air conditioner that he believes is frozen.  Life is Good Today.  You can double left click on the photos to enlarge them.

No comments:

Post a Comment