Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Rainy Days and Mondays

We woke to pounding rain and thunder and lightning Monday morning.  I could have slept in but had to drive to Clewiston to get Lincoln's birthday suit in the mail early so that it would definitely reach GA by Friday.  I was able to find a monster truck John Deere tractor tee shirt for Phil there so I was happy.  After I returned home from the 60 mile round trip to the post office, Billy and the neighbor across the street went out to fish.  As soon as Billy got out of the motor home I commenced to cleaning and was just finishing up when he returned in a down pour of rain.

At noon today Billy and I went out to fish in spite of the 50% rain forecast.  Billy caught a beautiful bass which he is currently outside cleaning for dinner.  We had slaw dogs for dinner last night so the slaw is already made.  Yummmmmmmmmmm!  There were LOTS of alligators out and about today but I didn't take my camera for the close up shots.  Following are photos of Billy and Maggie May fishing. Also while we were out on the lake fishing we saw three airboats spraying weed killer on "water lilies."  Really now, that was A LOT of dollar weed to be killing!   Just so you know, I did catch some fish but they were not big enough to keep.  Billy "said" he had a big one on but "it got away."  Now, go figure when I do that he says that I "didn't hook it."  Is that right?  Life is Good Today.  Got to go out by the picnic table and cook dinner.  I'll be very careful.  Billy threw the dead bait off the back of the boat the other day into the pond.  He forgot about the gators back there and was surprised to turn around and see one coming up fast to eat the bait.  Last night I saw the gator sitting on the bank right outside our bedroom window.  He has been stalking Maggie ever since we arrived here.

No comments:

Post a Comment