Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Monday, August 23, 2010

Dubois, WY Hate to Leave It







Double click to enlarge photos.



Today is our last day in this beautiful area. We slept in because of the cool 43 degree temperature then I prepared to go into the little town of Dubois and do some retail therapy. I was surprised to be informed that the little western town that I find so unique is a mostly authentic town that has been here for quite a long time. The town was first settled in the late 1800's. It is said that Butch Cassidy purchased a rifle here and lived here through fall and winter before one of his most notorious crime sprees. That little bit of information just made it that much more appealing to me. To quote the website "Dubois, WY is an authentic western town located along the Wind River, rimmed by the Absaroka and the Wind River Mountains. It's an area of striking contrasts from the badlands to the high mountain peaks." We have certainly enjoyed lingering in our RV park by the Wind River. While touring that cute little western town today I purchased a few books at the book store. Two books authored by Kenneth L. Holmes BEST OF COVERED WAGON WOMEN Volumes 1 and 2. I also purchased BLUE HEAVEN by C.J. Box who authors a series of western stories that are reported to be outstanding reads. Then I just had to experience the works of Craig Johnson who authored THE COLD DISH in his series of books. One of these last 2 mentioned books has been contracted to be featured in a movie possibly starring Jack Nicholson. So ends my day. Billy washed the truck before I was able to get a photo of it. It was literally caked in mud. I went to the laundromat and caught up on the laundry and cleaned the entire camper for our move to Yellowstone tomorrow morning. A few mornings ago I awoke early to take Maggie out to read her P-mail and Billy sat up and inquired "what time is it?" I had to think for a minute before replying "where?" Neither of us has changed our watches to Mountain Time Zone. So now it is 3:00 pm in Panama City and 2:00 pm in Dubois, WY. I plan on decking out in my pj's and curling up with one of my new books and a blankie down by the Wind River. A big Thank You to the residents of Dubois for being so kind and hospitable to us while we were visiting. "Life is Good Today."

No comments:

Post a Comment