Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

French Broad River Campground, Asheville, NC


This morning was another lazy day morning enjoying being on the French Broad River. The campground has RV spaces that look out over the French Broad River, and the view is beautiful. I have very high standards for campground showers; however, and have chosen to use the bath in our camper at this campground. After lazing around we went to Arden Woods (Assisted Living) to visit my first cousin, Freida and John David. We enjoyed the "bestest" lunch complete with fresh linens, waiters and the works. They had a beautiful varied menu to chose from and an accomplished chef. I would say that Freida and John David have it good being there. I want to put my name on the wait list.

We returned to the camper and I had to do a quick houseclean before we break camp tomorrow morning. Not bad.....can clean the entire camper top to bottom in thirty minutes. My kind of cleaning. After cleaning we twirled through the mountains again (Maggie got car sick this time.) and went for one last visit with Uncle Jim and Francie. Uncle Jim prepared a delicious meal of fresh grilled salmon with cheese, tomato casserole, potatoes and bread. We were too stuff to enjoy his apple pie but he sent it back to the camper with us. Like good family, I toted two loads of laundry to finish at Uncle Jim's while we were eating dinner. I kissed Uncle Jim, Francie, Sonny (the OLD mostly crippled lab), and Fred (the toothless dancer) good bye and we will leave here tomorrow morning for Fort Campbell, KY. Thanks for stopping by. Life is Good Today.

No comments:

Post a Comment