Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Red Rock Canyon Hike...Colorado Springs







Soon as I woke my people up this morning they took me out for a walk to check my "p-mail." There are many little dog friends for me here at the Air Force Academy Fam Camp, and I like to check to see what they have been doing while I have been sleeping. The temperature this morning was 56 degrees so I think my people are going to have to put my "Snuggie" on for future walks. I shivered all the way around the park. After checking in on my neighborhood friends we got in the truck to ride. I never know how long I am going to be in that truck but always curl up on my people's lap and go to sleep. Let me tell you that we didn't go for a long ride. We went to a place called Red Rock Canyon and my people said that we were going on a hike. Well I knew we were going outside somewhere because they brought along my water bottle. There were lots of black Labs hiking through the canyon but they didn't scare me. Billy kept complaining that his knees hurt as we climbed up the rocks. When Jane slipped and slid down a big hill on her butt squealing that she wrenched her back I pulled a sit down and said that I was a high bred lap dog - not a black Lab - and I am stopping right here. See above photo. I got my way so they only hiked for about 45 minutes and I heard them make a pact that there would be no more hiking.

After the hike, they brought me back to the camper to take a nap in my condominium while they went to Cracker Barrel for lunch. That is the life I have come accustomed to living. I heard them say that there was a bus load of Amish folks from Ohio in Cracker Barrel. I heard Jane threaten that she was going to start cutting Billy's hair in a "bowl" cut like the hair cuts on those Amish men. That's great. He would look like a Shih Tzu. I think their camera broke so Billy has gone to the PX to buy a replacement. They said something about taking pictures of wild game somewhere called Montana and Yellowstone. Oh My.....Where to next? I know we are leaving here soon because Jane cleaned the camper today and they packed up the lawn chairs. I am waiting for my dinner and "Life is Good Today!"

No comments:

Post a Comment