Maggie May

Maggie May
Maggie May

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Wolf and Bear Exhibit - West Yellowstone

We finally dragged ourselves up and about out of the camper after lunch today.  The weather was looking like we will have a rainy day most of the day.  We went into the town of West Yellowstone to the Grizzly and Wolf Center.  The exhibit was very fascinating and informative.  They had an information center that stated that it is the male black bear rather than the female protecting her cubs who is most likely to attack.  Learn something new every day.  I was intriqued sitting at a picture window for an hour or more observing a pack of wolves.  Then suddenly a cloud popped up over us with a definite spin to it.  I began to panic and searched out Billy to take cover with me.  He announced assuredly that tornadoes don't strike in Montana.  Yeah  right!   We went across the street to a Mexican restaurant where an excited waiter described to us the tornado that just touched down.  Next time Billy, I will NOT listen to you.  Aside from that the exhibit was very entertaining, and we plan to go back tomorrow.  They are predicting possible snow here next week.  I believe it.  Winter coats are out and the heater is on as I type.  It is still raining on the roof our camper so I plan to curl up with my book.  I'll have to post the wolf photos tomorrow because the camera is out in the car.  "Life is Good Today!"  We pick up our sign that says "Life is Good Today" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment